But I don't want to do them.
Then I remembered I started a blog, and figured it was the perfect excuse! Besides, the holiday season has come & passed and we never sent out any sort of card, picture, newsletter, etc. because we were just in over our heads with life. "So much has happened." (that's the title of this blog, you see... I'm so clever....). Heh.
So, it all began with buying a house. WE DID IT! AND it's in Orange County, of all places! How did we manage that, you ask? We don't know, and we may not manage it well. But life is all about challenges, and we've definitely taken one on, especially since I stay at home with Malia and no second income (which is nearly unheard of in SoCal). It's actually a townhouse, which suits us fine. It has 4 bedrooms, which made us very happy, because now we can stay here for a while and donate kidneys to pay our mortgage, while our family (hopefully) expands. One of the greatest benefits of our new place is that it has shortened David's commute immensely. He used to drive 8 miles down Beach Blvd. which could take upwards of an hour one-way during traffic. Now, we live just over a mile away, and it's so nice that he can come right home.
When we've done more renovating, I'll be sure to post some Before-&-Afters. For now, that's going to have to wait, because the previous owners had such extreme taste in colors I'm almost embarassed to show anyone until it's been completely remedied. (I swear to you, the living room was orange and lime-green.... no lie)! This project/endeavor we call "homeownership" pretty much consumes our lives, and while it's exhausting and overwhelming, it's also a very awesome feeling. I admit... we're a little proud. What of it.
Malia turned TWO! We can't believe it. She is such an amazing human being. The child is gorgeous and smart and full of personality. We're in big trouble when she gets older. Hopefully, because she has also inherited her mother's volume, that will provide some sort of protective deterrent to any suitors. We'll see.
Here's some fun pictures from her birthday party. We went to the Rainforest Cafe' and then to Build-A-Bear because she got a gift card from our friends, the Suns.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MALIA! YOU RULE!

10 comments:
Oh, she is so cute! We had a blast with you guys last week, we should do it again soon!
Congrats! The best thing about owning a home is painting colors you chose- Have fun!
Congrats on the house! That is SO exciting. I am excited to do that at some point in life....
HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY MALIA! Tiffany, your hair is REALLY cute.
The house my parents had in Texas had, no joke, a mural of human-sized, tropical-colored penguins in, of all places, the DINING ROOM. All three walls. That was wall-papered within a week, after we took pictures.
Malia is SO cute! And I love your hair!
Horray for homeownership! Congratulations.
I like 'the hair' too!
Hi Tiffan-Y! I just found out that you had a blog. Yea! It's so nice to keep in touch and see what's been goin' on. Congrats on the house! And your little princess is getting big! If you ever want to check up on us, our blog is thejerdonjourney.blogspot.com. Enjoy decorating the house!
Wow a house!! Good for you!!!
Congrats on buying a house! Also a one-income family, I wonder if we will ever be able to do it! But if you can buy a house in California, we can buy one in Wisconsin! It sounds like things are going well for you, and I love your haircut!
How exciting to be homeowners!! Congratulations to you both :)
Malia is beautiful. And she is 2?! Where does time go?
I agree with the others, your hair is super cute!
we keep our home in "construction zone" so visitors feel much better about their own lives. CONGRATULATIONS!!! Love YOU...Love Malia...Love that husband of yours. LOVE YOUR HAIR!!
my Mom had floor to ceiling psychodelic Mushrooms painted on April's bedroom walls -- full mural; Davie's origins are scarey under the paint job.
Post a Comment