
You know? Malia really is such a gentle and sweet spirit. She loves people, puppies, plants... just about everything. But just as I'm about to jump overboard with how often people tell me she looks like her father, she reminds us once again that she's my daughter too... by shouting loud demands at perfect strangers:
We bought Malia a tricycle for her 2nd birthday. She even helped us pick it out. I was so excited for her to have a toy for playing outside and getting good exercise. I even envisioned myself getting some extra physical activity. And our new house is surrounded by a lovely greenbelt with sidewalks. Perfect for such playing! But she rides it like a Flintstone.... feet down, scooting along, ignoring the pedals completely.
This is what happens when I enfringe upon her freedom by trying to get her to use the pedals:So, Malia has curly hair that is really difficult to manage, because it is also incredibly thick (not surprisingly, considering her genetic make-up). For the past month or so, I've been using a detangler to ease the situation. I noticed it was making her neck a bit red, but nothing too severe. Then, the other day, I used it on her hair when she was naked, and that evening, this is what happened to her legs after they'd been sprayed. So much for "Gentle on Baby."
Malia is wearing her dress that she got from Grandma April for Christmas after their trip to Mexico. And, yes. This is the EXACT face she makes EVERY time I tell her to "smile." And she is LITERALLY saying "cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeese!"





8 comments:
I love the phrase, "rides it like a Flinstone" that made me laugh out loud! Malia is so cute and looks like she is full of personality!
"Music WILL make me happy.... eventually.... or ELSE!", too funny... but probably true! I know I'm going to force music on my kids, I mean my parents did it to me! Its all I know!
Ha I can empathize with "Music WILL make me happy eventually or else" :) I'll have to keep my eye out on what my mom gives our baby...
And I LOVE that picture of her yelling at strangers--she looks like she means business!
I think she looks more like you Tiff.
Hahaha!! AWESOME photos. She's such an expressive child (I wonder where she gets it??...) :-)
Hahaha! AWESOME photos. She's such an expressive little girl. (I wonder where she gets it??...) :-)
The second picture is a classic. I can't believe how big she is getting.
Her little personality is already charming! It won't be long before she has a string of friends following behind her. Its clear that she has a love of life that is contagious, and good parents who encourage the best in her.
And that music shirt is so cute!! Did your mom start you young too?
Tiff-I miss hearing your beautiful voice! Anyway to post midi files of you singing for us all to enjoy?
Post a Comment