31 December 2008

2008

So, both of my sister's did this in my e-mail today and I thought it would be a fun final blog for the year. They both went through a lot of changes and I don't know how many I can come up with, but here goes:

I began the year having just cut off a foot and a 1/2 of my hair.
I ended the year debating whether or not I should grow it out like a polygamist again...

I began the year with a 2-year-old in diapers.
I ended the year with a potty-trained 3-year-old and a 3-week-old.

I began the year partying it up hard-core at my folks' house playing games, drinking Martinelli's, and watching the ball drop in NYC on the TV.
I ended the year (will end it) playing games at my house, drinking Martinelli's, and going to bed by 10 PM.

I began the year with a 1980s big screen TV and a set of couches from grandparents and DI.
I ended the year with a 45" Samsung LCD and brand new matching couches (thank you, 1 vs. 100)!

I began the year feeling incredibly poor, but excited to have my own home.
I ended the year feeling incredibly poor, and pretty royally ticked that everyone seems to be benefiting from the government but us.... yeah?! I said it!

I began the year taking Malia to Disneyland on a weekly basis.
I ended the year having not been in over a month (withdrawals!).

I began the year missing the stage desperately.
I ended the year missing the stage... desperately.

I began the year enjoying freedom at Church with no callings and a kid who loved nursery.
I ended the year exhausted because I had 4 callings at once, all of which required some sort of preparation... and Malia's going to be a Sunbeam!

I began the year with a home painted like a Crayola box had exploded, stairs that were a deathtrap, termites, a blue kitchen, and a disgusting carpet that gave Malia rashes.
I ended the year with the majority of my home being "Basic Beige," safe stairs, dead termites, an almost white kitchen, and brand new carpet. (and we've only just begun....)

Dave began the year being somewhat outnumbered...
Dave ended the year being hopelessly outnumbered... by girls... (his own fault).


P.S. Possibly more to come throughout the day if I think of them... check back for edits. :)

3 comments:

Renee Winkel said...

I'd say you've been blessed beyond measure...Happy New Year!

Stephanie said...

It's amazing what happens in one year - and it just seems to keep going by faster and faster! I didn't realize that Malia and Brendan are the same age and are both starting Primary this month. Craziness!
I'm totally gonna snatch your idea for our blog, by the way. Happy New Year! ;)

Tawny said...

What a fun post! I can't believe that Malia will be a sunbeam. She will have so much fun. Just think in another 365 days you may be getting more sleep! (That is my goal!)