28 May 2009

"Once Upon A Time..."

One of Malia's favorite times of the day is just before bedtime when we read her a book or two. In the last few months, she more frequently requests "Once Upon a Time"s which are basically stories I make up that always begin with that phrase & end in "The. End."

Before Cecily's nap, we always sing a lullaby, but if she's seems a little wound up, we stretch out the downtime by quietly reading her a book. Sometimes Malia likes to help & asks if she can tell Cecily a "Once Upon a Time" instead.

Today, it went a little something like this:

Once upon a time I was riding a bubble in da' sky and it flyed up to heaven to see Heavenly Fahder. He gave me a big hug & said, "I love you so, so, so! much." And den I saw Jesus & He was nice. And I loved Him. And He was adorable! And He was soooooooo cute. And Cecily comed to heaven too and she had her paci and she didn't cry because there were lots & lots of uder babies & because I loved dem & Jesus loved dem & Heavenly Fahder loved dem...

The story then evolved into something about dinosaurs, Sponge Bob, & Ponyville. But up until then I thought it was a pretty inspired little tale from a 3-year-old.

8 comments:

Abby said...

That is AWESOME Tiff. Made my day, or night, and made me smile. LOVE IT!

Lisa said...

That is so sweet! I love how you told it, too--I can totally see her saying it :)

Giggles said...

Can she come tell me a bedtime story before I go to sleep?

Stephanie said...

How precious! And a great imagination, too! :)

Jean said...

Hahahaha!! That is precious!! That is one fantastic storyteller you have. And what a very uplifting story too! I hope I get to ride a bubble to heaven!! :-)

GordonandChrissy said...

That's adorable! What a sweet big sister. :)

Emily said...

Tiffany! totally know what you mean about Natalie! I would've loved to see her on the show! I wonder if she'll come back for a 3rd try. How sad.

Renee Winkel said...

Too precious! and you write so well!