21 June 2009

A Daddy & His Girls

David has been putty in their hands from Day 1.

Malia


Cecily


We've made a tradition of taking this picture with Malia at bedtime every Father's Day ever since we came across the first (and only "un-posed") picture, and we loved it so much that we do it every year.

2006

2007

2008

2009

We're hoping to make the same tradition out of the following picture with Cecily that was taken earlier tonight (can't wait for when she's somewhere around 13 or 14 years old & we try to recreate this photo...).

2009


To my Davey:
From the very first moment I even sort of entertained the idea of spending my life with you, it was such a comfort to me to know that I didn't need to have any concerns over whether or not you would be the kind of father I wanted for my future children. And I thank the Lord every day for someone in my home who worthily holds the Priesthood to daily bless the lives of me and our precious daughters. You are the true definition of what it means to be a father... in every positive sense of the word.

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!!!
XOXO

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

I love that tradition! That will be so special for the girls to look back at - how much their daddy loved them. :)

Jean said...

Awww, that is so sweet!! What an awesome tradition!! Those pictures melt my heart. And I also eagerly look forward to the Cecily photos when she's a teenager, hahaha.