But we don't live in Utah anymore, so when the 4th of July happens upon a Sunday, there isn't much we can really do that we feel is "Sabbath-appropriate." After all, I do have love and reverence for my country... but I love and revere my Savior and my covenants more, so what're you gonna' do.
Well, we went to Church, and came home. The girls napped. We had dinner. Exciting, hey?
But that didn't stop us from three of our most favorite traditions:
Festive holiday foods
(we watched them from the lawn of a great-&-spacious Church down the street where there is a decent view of the show at the military base across the way)
And when your child is so exhausted that they choose staring into oblivion like a zombie over actual sleep, you know it's been a good day...
And then the hubby and I topped it off with my annual viewing of "1776" and some hot chocolate chip cookies (pardon the constant disrespect of the 3rd commandment in the following clip....).
I like to see a man
proud of the place in which he lives.
I like to see a man live
so that his place will be proud of him.
~Abraham Lincoln~
proud of the place in which he lives.
I like to see a man live
so that his place will be proud of him.
~Abraham Lincoln~
2 comments:
I am so jealous of fireworks around palm trees. I LOVE palm trees. That's magical.
We actually had a rainstorm last night, so I heard a rumor (from a 7-year-old, mind you), that they might do fireworks tonight. Happy Day!
P.S. If watching South Park makes you an apostate sinner, then join me in the club. Totally seen the Casa Bonita episode, too. :)
It sounds like you had a fantastic weekend together! Your girls look so cute together! I love the picture where they are hugging...ha ha!
That cake looks so festive and delicious :)
Post a Comment