After writing this post 2 days ago, my mother of course sent me some pictures she has of me with my girls. She must have read the blog and most likely had a whole-hearted, reminiscent laugh about the whole thing. I'd seen most of the pictures before, with the exception of this one:
I'm not sure exactly when it was taken, but it looks like Malia has just started taking dance classes and CC is probably napping (if she was a newborn), which tells me I probably shouldn't be en pointe with a fresh cesarean incision (sh!).


2 comments:
Yes Tiffany, I read your blog and did NOT laugh....reminiscents and a loving heart drove me in putting together that little photographic reminder that there's nothing as lasting, or as powerful as mother's love can be! (except God's love) - Mom
Awww Tiff- I remember once when Derek and Coley were pretty little, and I was a pretty new 'single mom', and I felt like I was responsible for EVERYTHING, and EVERYONE, and I guess I was sad and exhausted and...just...defeated. I must have been extra-harsh with my kids one day, because in tears, Coley said to me "Mommy...why are you so nice to everyone else, and so mean to us?" and without even pausing i said "Because I love YOU!" And then I realized how ridiculous (and how true) that little conversation was. Sometimes, those we love the absolute most in this world, are the ones who get to see the worst of us. However, I promised right then and there to treat my babies at least as nice as i treated complete strangers at the grocery store...and for the most part, I think I've succeeded. My point in recounting this painful little memory? Just realize that those who love you the very most in this whole wide world (in this instance, Malia) also feel safe enough and comfortable enough with you to be able to be their angriest and their grumpiest with you....because they love YOU. And they know that you will still always be there. And that they are safe with you. It's actually quite a compliment, really. And yes, my dear, I'm afraid it will get worse during those teenage years....so start praying for strength and armour now! Love you all! Lisa
Post a Comment