18 June 2012

He Has 3

*I love, love, LOVE this article.  Read it.  It will make you cry.  In a good way.

"They say that from the instant he lays eyes on her, a father adores his daughter. Whoever she grows up to be, she is always to him that little girl in pigtails. She makes him feel like Christmas. In exchange, he makes a secret promise not to see the awkwardness of her teenage years, the mistakes she makes or the secrets she keeps."
-Anonymous-


Dear David, 

Sometimes I think I need to apologize that there are no sons to be had in our family and its future.  And then I retract that thought because I can't imagine we could be any more blessed than we already are.  But what's even more amazing?  These girls could not be any more blessed than they are to have the father they have.  If there's one thing you are better at than being a good husband, it's being a good Dad.

Happy Father's Day.

 

2 comments:

Kendra said...

So cute. I love the same poses each year. You're good to remember to do that. I'm lucky if we get a picture with our child on mother's/father's day! :)

Unknown said...

just stumbled on your blog and just had to say what a cute post this is...you're have a beautiful family!

Come on over and follow along my colorful blog...I think you'd really like it (but maybe I'm a little bias?! haha)

xoxo
Aarean
colorissue.blogspot.com