
Today, when David got home from work, we went as a family to Disneyland for FHE. (Yes, it is a nice little thing, having annual passports and taking a ten minute drive to the Happiest Place on Earth).
As we were walking down Main Street, U.S.A. just before closing time, the music gave me flashbacks to a much different time in my life. I told David about how every time I visited Disneyland in the past, that the music on Main Street usually prompted me to act like I was in a parade.
"You mean, you would wave to random people?" he asked.
"No, I mean, I would start dancing like this."
And I began to dance down Main Street in a very lively, characterized manner to the turn-of-the-century ditty playing overhead. And for the first time in, oh, I don't know.... maybe my entire LIFE.... I was actually embarassed by myself! I can remember when I was younger, being so hyper and full of energy. Truth be told? I think I'm quite boring now. I find my self saying to people, "Oh, I've calmed down a lot," and they will look at me in shock and say, "You were worse?" People who haven't known me for years seem to be convinced that I am still a bit of a psychopath.
So, it got me to think. Was I really that insane? I mean, let's be honest. I was obviously hyper enough that I could eat more junk food in a day then most people average in a week, and still weigh only 100 lbs., which is obviously a gift I no longer possess, but STILL. I've come across some very energetic, allbeit, annoying individuals in my life. And I have to wonder.... could I have had a lot more friends had I toned myself down a bit?
I probably shouldn't be posting this on the world wide web, because I know many of you will be thinking, "Oh, praise the heavens! At least the woman isn't in denial!" But it's something I have to wonder. I've met some hyper folks in my life. I couldn't possibly have been one of the worst.... could I?
So I was a happy kid. So what?!
As we were walking down Main Street, U.S.A. just before closing time, the music gave me flashbacks to a much different time in my life. I told David about how every time I visited Disneyland in the past, that the music on Main Street usually prompted me to act like I was in a parade.
"You mean, you would wave to random people?" he asked.
"No, I mean, I would start dancing like this."
And I began to dance down Main Street in a very lively, characterized manner to the turn-of-the-century ditty playing overhead. And for the first time in, oh, I don't know.... maybe my entire LIFE.... I was actually embarassed by myself! I can remember when I was younger, being so hyper and full of energy. Truth be told? I think I'm quite boring now. I find my self saying to people, "Oh, I've calmed down a lot," and they will look at me in shock and say, "You were worse?" People who haven't known me for years seem to be convinced that I am still a bit of a psychopath.
So, it got me to think. Was I really that insane? I mean, let's be honest. I was obviously hyper enough that I could eat more junk food in a day then most people average in a week, and still weigh only 100 lbs., which is obviously a gift I no longer possess, but STILL. I've come across some very energetic, allbeit, annoying individuals in my life. And I have to wonder.... could I have had a lot more friends had I toned myself down a bit?
I probably shouldn't be posting this on the world wide web, because I know many of you will be thinking, "Oh, praise the heavens! At least the woman isn't in denial!" But it's something I have to wonder. I've met some hyper folks in my life. I couldn't possibly have been one of the worst.... could I?
So I was a happy kid. So what?!
10 comments:
I look back and laugh in embarassment thinking of the cooky things I used to do, too. But from someone who knew you in your "pre-tamed" life, I loved it! Do you remember getting spoons from the Stake Center kitchen and having the DJ play "Stop in the Name of Love" so that you, me and Kristy could lipsync on the stage in front of the entire stake youth during a youth dance? What a bunch of hams! :D Good times.
You know, I never really knew you back then, so it's hard for me to say---but, if that picture is of you at the top of the post...then, perhaps. At least you had fun!
I say, if you're happy ... keep on keepin' on. :)
You know, as long as happy doesn't = drugs or violence or anything like that. haha.
Are you kidding me?!
Your love of life and passion for good things always leaves those around you happy.
I mean you really get people thinking...about how to improve their talents, how to love deeper and become a better human being.
Please don't change. Don't tone anything down. You are a gorgeous reminder of everything good this life offers. Your comments in relief society ALWAYS offered me hours of good pondering.
And I miss you!!
Tiff- I'm not in denial- You were one of the worst.:)
Was that picture taken at the PlayMill in West Yellowstone perhaps?
And I second Heather's comments about your RS commentary. I often miss it when I feel like the people around me aren't saying what they REALLY think. :)
Hey, We have season passes to Disneyland too. We should meet up some time. I would love to see you dance all around Main Street.
-Kim :-)
Tiffany, you have to have been dancing in the premortal lif and have been dancing ever since you arrived here....keep it up! Love Mom
Post a Comment