23 June 2008

Wannabe Wicked?

So, about a month and a 1/2 ago, my friend Jean sent me this random e-mail with news about different "Wicked" goings-on in L.A. (Stephen Schwartz getting a star, new performance dates, etc). She knew my whole deal with the audition process a little over a year ago and so she's just cute like that sometimes. :)

On part of the newsletter, there was an announcement for a video contest called "Wannabe Wicked." Basically, you had to send in a tape of yourself singing a portion of 1 of the 5 songs they had listed from the show. They would then choose semi-finalists from those videos. If you are chosen as a semi-finalist, then you will sing on 1 of 5 semi-final nights at the Citywalk of Universal Studios Hollywood. If you are THEN chosen as a finalist, then there is one more night of competition and the winner of that wins a one-night-only walk-on role in the actual show. Sounded fun. And the possibility was a lot more promising then the whole "leaving-my-child-and-husband-behind-to-pursue-my-dreams-just-because-I-can" thing that I considered with the show before. What's one night, right?


Well... I sent in a video just because I already had one of me singing "Wizard & I" from a high school choir reunion a few years back. Yesterday, while I was editing my profile on the competition site, I saw that I'd been chosen as a semi-finalist! How fun for me. If nothing else comes of it, at least I will get one silly little night to belt it out like a diva for someone other then Malia... albeit as a pregnant and awkward diva. And who knows if anything will come of it. But, best-case-scenario, maybe I'll have a contest on my blog for the last 2 tickets of the free 10 for the show that I'd receive if I actually won this thing. (I probably just jinxed myself even just by saying that... oh well). Like I said, the pregnancy thing won't help.

If nothing else... it should be fun. :)

(Below is the video I submitted)

18 comments:

Lesley said...

Cool! I am rootin' for ya!

Wendi said...

You are so awesome Tiff! Best of luck and keep us updated on how things go!

WhiteEyebrows said...

OOh, ooh, pick me. I'll be in LA from Jul 23-27... wait... why did they skip a weekend? :(

Bridget said...

I can definitely see why you made it as a semi-finalist; and I would not be surprised one bit if you won the walk on role. You're awesome, Tiffany.

GordonandChrissy said...

Yee haw! Good luck, Tiffany!

Jean said...

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THAT IS SO AAAAAAAAAHHHH-SOME!!!!!!

Okay, you HAVE to tell us when you're going to be singing at the Citywalk. I am SO happy for you!!!!

Your video gave me chills. LOVE IT LOVE IT!!!

Lobbie said...

Hahah, I totally looked up some of the other semi-finalist on the website and you were WAY better than all the Elphebas I saw.

Liz Johnson said...

WOOHOO!!! You're amazing!! I'm so excited to hear the results. :)

Mindy said...

Tiff you have to keep us updated on what happens. I have no doubt you'll be on stage singing your cute little guts out. You're amazing!

connie said...

Oh my gosh! You gave me chills! SO great.
Lisa and I should come! :)

Abbie said...

That is so great! Wow! Good luck!

Macy said...

You are a rock star and I miss you and your voice and I'm glad I got to see that video. Thanks for posting it. Can't wait to hear what happens.

Adam and Andrea Daveline said...

Awesome, Tiff! That is just wonderful for you and your family!!!!! I can't wait to hear about how it goes.

Headle said...

That was BEAUTIFUL Tiffany!! You really are AMAZING!!

I can't wait to hear how it goes at Citywalk--no doubt you'll knock the judges' socks off!!

Blackburns said...

Good luck. You sounded beautiful. I hope it works out for you.

Chilly Beans said...

Yea!! I am so excited for you and wish you the best of luck! This would be a great experience. I played your video for my husband and then I played him the original Broadway recording and he said "They are the same person!" Then when I told him it wasn't he said, "I am blown away. She is really, really good!". :) Keep us updated!

Jean said...

In answer to your question...

UM, HECK YES!!!

Oh you... ;-)

Renee Winkel said...

Tiffany, you ARE a miracle!!!!