17 July 2008

Catching Up

Ok, so I guess some things are going on and my life is a little bit hectic right now, and apparently, I haven't blogged in a while. I didn't realize people cared that much until I started getting e-mails saying, "Um... what happened?!" So, this'll be one of those "Drive-by blogs," where I just throw a ton of random information your way.

David and I celebrated our 6th Wedding Anniversary a month ago, and my mom came down to watch Malia so we could go to the temple. It's a tradition of ours to do sealings on (or as closed to) our anniversary every year. The only year we "missed" the tradition was last year, but that was because L.A. traffic was so bad that the temple wasn't doing anymore sealing sessions. It was too late at night and and so we had to do a different ordinance. It still kind of counts. Here are a couple of pictures from the day:

This is Malia in front of the Newport Beach Temple, taking her "baby" for a walk.



Malia felt it was necessary to drink both drinks at the same time just because the waitress had given her 2.

Malia actually took this picture of us herself.... no lie!


As far as "Wannabe Wicked" is concerned: I had to perform first (that sucks), but I did get picked to be a finalist which basically means I will be performing again on August 20th, and I will be competing against finalists that were chosen on other nights. I tried uploading the video, but I'm guessing it's just too huge....?

Next week we should be finding out what the gender of Peanut Nutter is. That's exciting. Of course a boy would be nice in order to even things out, but we wanted a boy last time and ended up with a girl and couldn't be happier. So whatever God sends, he sends... as long as it's healthy. We'll try to keep you updated.

In 2 weeks we'll be taking our first road trip with a toddler (YIKES!) because we're heading up to Utah for my sister, Cindy's, wedding. We wish we could fly, but, heavens, if prices aren't ridiculous right now... and Malia is no longer free. Guh. Good thing the kid loves her pixar movies and thank the technology gods for the portable DVD player. We'll let you know how it goes... if we're still alive. A 2-tear-old strapped to her carseat for 10 hours and a pregnant woman needing potty stops every hour. This should be a joy.

That's the nutshell for now. I may go bananas because our Church callings and obligations on top of everything else is overwhelming us right now. Seriously. It's like, we're bored out of our minds with nothing to do and then KA-BLOOEY! When it rains it pours.

10 comments:

Mike said...

Appreciate the update, have been wondering what was happening. Glad things seem to be going ok.

Renee Winkel said...

Tiff!!!! I can get sound now Yippee! Don't forget the Ice cream and the Sensidine toothpaste!

Keri-Ann said...

Congrats on making it to the finals! (No surprise there!)

Road trips with toddlers aren't that bad... being pregnant definately doesn't make it a joy though. :P If youi can, leave super early in the AM or drive at night so she'll sleep through most of it. :) Have a safe trip!

GordonandChrissy said...

Good luck on the road trip! We have been out of town, but when you guys get back, we need to get together again. Let us know when it works for you guys. :)

Kristy said...

Have fun on your trip! We just took all three to Idaho. Long drive! But the movies defiantly help. Iceberg Milkshakes in St. George always seem to make the trip a little happier too. Congratulations on the contest. That is awesome. Oh to be so talented.

Headle said...

Love this update!! I am SO EXCITED (but not surprised ;) that you are in the finals!! We'll be cheering for you!!

Have a great time at your sister's wedding! :)

Mindy said...

Yeah for Wicked! We know you'll be the one up on stage :) Good luck with the road trip and we'll see you at the wedding.

Blackburns said...

Good luck on your road trip. We dread even traveling and hour with Sienna. She has never been a good car traveler. Can't wait to hear if you are having a boy or a girl. Oh and good luck singing. I am excited to see Wicked. Steve got us tickets for my birthday. This will be our first date since Sienna joined our family.

Jean said...

Yaaaay! I CAN'T WAIT to find out what you guys are having!!! Have a fun time in Utah - I'm sure the road trip will go okay (yay Pixar, haha). Eat lots of Cafe Rio for me!!! :-)

Kristen said...

I've been waiting for you to post again!!! Sounds like you have been busy! I can't wait to find out what you are having!
I am sure that the car ride will go well. You guys made it through colic, the ride will be a cake walk!!