14 June 2009

7 Years!

Malia looked at this picture one day.


It's our engagement photo.

"Mommy. Is that you & Daddy? You look different."

"That's a long time ago, that's why, sweet pea. It's before we were married. It's before you were even born."

"Is that when you were in love...?"

BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-hahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!

From the mouths of babes.


Tomorrow, June 15th, is our 7-year anniversary. To some of our associates, that makes us newlyweds. To others, we're ancient. A girl visiting our ward today commented to me that she thought I looked strange with 2 children because I look only 20 (bless her - my new BFF).

Some days, I feel old. Some days, I feel young (very few & far between).

But every day, I feel blessed. I have a husband who loves me happy & sad, for better or worse, for richer or for poorer (or brokest), fat or thin (or fat again), every day, all day, through good times, PPD times, monotonous times, loud-car-singing times, messy house times, "why can't you just put your laundry in the hamper?" nagging times, and even "we're just going to have macaroni & cheese for dinner tonight" times.

That's love.
I don't doubt for one second that my meeting him was the best thing that has ever happened to me because, from that, I have gained 2 beautiful daughters, a home, a good life with a Gospel center (...that almost sounds like I'm describing a yummy candy...), and most importantly, my partner in this life and the life to come.

Because of who you are, Davey, I am a better person who is richly fulfilled and dually blessed. I am excited to see what you can potentially help me become.

Happy 7 Years!

13 comments:

Kristen said...

Happy anniversary!! You two are an awesome couple!!!

Sarah Shelley said...

Thanks for that post. I certainly made me smile. Congrats on 7 years!!! I can't believe it has been that long.

Stephanie said...

Ah, congratulations on lucky number seven! It's true - the hills and valleys of life are many, but having a companion on the journey who loves you no matter what makes it worth treading. :)

Abby said...

Aw! Happy Anniversary!!! Hope you get a chance to do something special.

And about the previous post--I can't handle it either! What a CUTE KID! ADORABLE!

Lisa said...

Hahahaha I love Malia's comment. That's hilarious.

I always feel too young. I'm waiting for that day when I feel old.

Lobbie said...

awwwwwww...I 'emember when y'all met too! Those crazy Japan days!

Wendi said...

Aren't kids great? They say the best things.... heh... and the worst sometimes.

I felt old in UT, but living in CT, I feel like a very young mother. It's kinda nice. :)

Heidi said...

You two have inspired me ince I met you. You have no idea how your marriage helped me get through that awful broken engagement--just knowing that two people like you found each other and have something amazing gives me so much hope! THANK YOU! Happy Anniversary!

Mike said...

May the Lord continue to bless you through all your adventures.

Much Love,

Mike

Timeeh said...

Congrats you guys! It's amazing how fast the time goes by. I totally feel your sentiments about feeling old sometimes. Our 20's are rapidly ending and it's freaking me out :)

Headle said...

You two are a GORGEOUS couple!!

Its so easy to see that you adore and take such good care of each other!! You've created such a beautiful family together and you both really know how to live life to the very fullest! Happy Anniversary!!!!

BenMason said...

What's wrong with macaroni and cheese? Nothing, that's what.

Jean said...

Awwww!! Happy (belated) anniversary!!! Malia's comment is so funny. HAHA! Love it.