When we moved down to California and I was stranded at my mom's with Malia for a month (while David commuted to-&-fro for his new job), my mom and I went to Kiddie Kandids to get some pictures of Malia. Coincidentally, she was, in fact, 9-months-old.






The pictures are still, to this day, some of my favorites of my Lili. (They should be... they cost a fortune)! Even though we were there for hours and she was starving, Malia was such a trooper. She has always loved the camera, and the photographer could do no wrong in making her laugh. She smiled in every. single. picture. All of them. Even the ones we didn't choose to have printed.
My little CCLemon is now 9 months old (AAAAAAAACK! When did this happen)?! So, today, she and I went to good ol' overpriced Kiddie Kandids to get her pictures taken. I was ultra-excited to do this because it was a rare chance with just her & me, and also, because I had made her hairbow.
I tell you, there' nothing liking going to get a kid's picture taken and realizing just how different two children can be. Malia had been tired & hungry when we'd had hers taken, and she was pure laughter the entire time. Cecily, on the other hand, had just woken from a great nap & had a full stomach from nursing. I even changed her diaper right before just to increase the odds for a happy baby. I swear, it was like pulling TEETH to get her to smile! The photographer was going nuts trying to get it out of her, and CC just looked at her as if she was completely nuts.
It's ok, though. I liked it that way. The pictures capture the essence of the girls and who they are as individuals. And she still looks adorable. And yes, we did get a few smiles, because even though she is contemplative & observant, she is a happy baby, after all. And yes, they were worth all the blood, sweat, & tears (and $$$!) it took to get them. She was never upset or bothered. She was in a decent mood the entire time. She just watched the whole process as if to say, "Are we done yet?"
I love my CC. And after you look at these pictures, I think you will, too.







That last one is Daddy's favorite. Ain't she a cutie?! *pride*
8 comments:
tiffany, you could show me these pics and say they were you as a baby and i'd believe it! she is adorable! and i love her bow. My sister in law also does a big expensive photo shoot with her babies at 9 months.
OH CUTE!!!!!!! Holy schnikies, you have some freaking adorable little girls. I love both sets, and I agree, I like how they capture each girl's personality. And WAY CUTE BOW!!! Rock on, you crafty girl!!!
So cute I can't get over it! You really hit the jackpot with 2 gorgeous daughters!
Hard to believe she could already be nine months old! How quickly time passes. You are an impressive family, though it makes sense that your daughters should be lovely with you and David as parents. Great to see Malia's pictures at the same age, two beautiful daughter's. With a beautiful mom and a handsome dad!
How is she nine months? How? Seriously, she was just born. And she is so cute! I love those pictures! Your girls are so cute. I wouldn't be surprised if you have all girls because, look at them, they're adorable.
I agree, nine months is a good age.
What a cutie! I love the hair bow!!
I love the one when she's looking at her shoe. :) What a cute baby!!
Those two girls of yours are going to break some hearts!!!! Its so neat to see their different personalities come out! They are both little sweeties!!!
Post a Comment