14 September 2009

Malia's Response to CC'S Separation Anxiety

I needed to take a quick potty break right before getting the girls' bath started for bedtime. In my life these days, I only remember to do that when something triggers the thought; like the idea that I will soon be running bath water.... oh yeah! Have to pee! (It seems like I have to schedule those things in... my potty breaks. It's sad).

We were all on the floor in Cecily's room, playing. CC has been struggling with being around anyone if I'm not, at least, in sight. Especially her daddy, which is weird, because she loves him when I'm holding her. So, I leave the room to go... well, you know. Cecily ERUPTS into insane screams. As I'm trying to have a moment to myself on the toilet (yeesh!) I hear Malia's voice over the cries. She had been playing with a toy phone when I'd left the room.

"Hello? Yes. We need your help, please. There's a baby crying here. Really loud. Yes. We need some cover. Hurry! Thank you!"

BAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-hahahahahahahaha!

Awesome.

This kid rules.



I

10 comments:

Lesley said...

"We need some cover!" Hilarious!
We need to get Ian and Malia together.

Lisa said...

hahaha, I love it! Phone in some help!!

Hilary said...

Ha!
Annie called me the other day from the same room as her suddenly screaming one year old sister, "Mom! You need to get in here! Ellie's screaming, and I think it's about time you do something about it!"

Sarah Shelley said...

Dang funny! Miles does the same thing with me if I try to leave him with Stewart to go to the bathroom...weird. I also have a hard time "remembering" that I have to pee. Stewart makes fun of me. :(

Sarah Shelley said...

Dang funny! Miles does the same thing with me if I try to leave him with Stewart to go to the bathroom...weird. I also have a hard time "remembering" that I have to pee. Stewart makes fun of me. :(

Timeeh said...

Very cute!

Anne said...

hilar

Celeste said...

HeHe, funny kid. Reminds me of you.

Chad and Tina said...

I LOVE IT! I love the things kids say, especially little Malia! I really laughed!! I wish i were there!

Unknown said...

LOL! That is hilarious.... so cute. I wish you had that on video!