A friend from Church told me about it a couple weeks ago, and when Malia and I were in the mood to get outside, but were on a block-out day from Disneyland, we decided to check it out. It costs $1 per person, and if you are an adult, you can't get in unless you already have a child with you. It's a cool way to create a feeling of safety so none of those pedophilic perverts can get in. Kind of cool.
It's basically a big park with a few of your typical jungle gyms, but then it is also dotted with some oceanic-themed goodies. It's a little old and out-dated, but I really had no complaints seeing as how it cost next to nothing to get in. And Malia had a blast.
Our first stop was the Sting-Ray, and Malia was so excited to get on that she biffed it about 1/2 a dozen times down the hill. But she was a trooper. She would just say, "whoops!" and get right back up and continue on in her haphazard manner.
So, Malia isn't a huge fan of slides. She used to be. I'm not sure exactly what happened... and David won't admit that there was trauma when I was away once and he took her on one. I'm still investigating. But once she went down the slide, I put her back in the whale's mouth just for a picture, and, I don't know if you can see it, but in this picture she is saying, "Wheeeeeee!" and clenching her fists and body in excitement.... but she's not even moving. She cracks me up.
Malia loves these rocking-springy things at whatever park we go to. But she looks miserable on it in this picture. I think I just caught her during a random pause.
Ok. Again, Malia isn't a huge fan of slides, but when I saw this thing, I had to take her on it. Note for future reference: the darn thing is, like, 6 inches wide and twists and turns. Needless to say, I don't think it was meant for adult female hips.
It took us a while to get down. I was embarrassed.
We found a little boy digging, and Malia kept saying, "Dig? Dig? Please? Dig?" Eventually the little boy told us it wasn't his stuff and that it was just there, so he told Malia she could join him.
She was so happy.
He took a liking to her and decided to come over and sit with her. Let me just say, my little girl is a shameless flirt! I am in severe trouble in the future... Overall, it was worth the total $2 and a happy meal from McDonald's. It was a good day.
6 comments:
That looks like such a fun park! Is that in Anaheim?
You know, sometimes fears happen without much provocation. When I was Malia's age (and a little older), I wasn't at all scared of spiders. Then, suddenly, I was. I THINK it happened when I had chicken pox at 3 and had nightmares spiders were crawling all over me. Maybe she had a bad dream about a slide. You never know!
What a fun park! Malia is ADORABLE, as always!! Where do you get her cute headbands?
Can we just talk about how lucky you are for just a second? So, you live where it's warm already, You live like 2.2 seconds away from Disneyland, AND there's an awesome cheap park just minutes away?! No fair!
Tiffany-
You are such an awesome Mom!! You are always doing such fun things with Malia, and making the most of everyday! I love checking your blog and seeing the fun things the Nutters are up to!
You are such a gorgeous family, you really are!
That's AWESOME!! A dollar??!! Where in the world did this place come from?? I love it. Watch out for that flirtiness in a few years!! :-P
Post a Comment