15 June 2008

6 years!!!!

Well - our 6th wedding anniversary fell on Father's Day this year... so I kind of wanted to let the majority of the day ride out before talking about it, so that David could enjoy "his" day.

On June 15th, 2002, David and I were sealed for time & all eternity in the San Diego LDS temple by my Uncle Kent with family in attendance. It was a beautiful, clear day. And it was the most important day of my life.... yes, even more important then the birth of my current (and future) children. More important because, without that day, my time with my children would be only mortal and brief anyway. But because of that day, my children are mine (well - ok, technically they're God's... but I get to borrow them) for time & all eternity. And David is truly mine for time & all eternity.
We met outside of the 8th floor elevator at Kaigandori House in Osaka, Japan, where we would both be living for the entire year. We became fast friends. BEST friends, to be completely accurate. We shared secrets and philosophies with each other. He gave me a blessing as my new home teacher before he even knew my last name. I broke down in his apartment about my low self-esteem, and the poor guy hadn't even been around me long enough to understand I was just a basket-case by nature. We discussed the gospel as well as both of our current romantic relationships (I had a missionary and he'd left a girlfriend back at the Y). Despite predictions from all of our fellow performers, we denied it would ever become anything more. It was very "When Harry Met Sally." But after his relationship fell victim to the pitfalls of long-distance, the following week became a whirlwind of unexpected emotions, awkward moments of tension, and a first kiss. We thought we'd keep it a secret in order to avoid "I-told-you-so's," however, the obvious rash left on my sensitive skin from an Italian boy's 5 o'clock shadow made that nearly impossible.
After over a year of dating, making David change his major, and me debating if I could wait 5 more years before marrying him so that I could pursue my Broadway dreams, we did it. And I haven't regretted it since.


Here's to 6+infinity more years!

11 comments:

Abby said...

Oh I LOVED looking at all those pictures of you two!! Great pictures. So fun. Happy Anniversary to both of you and Happy Father's Day Dave!

Headle said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this post!!! The NUTTERS!! You guys are SO incredibly adorable and PERFECT for each other! I can't stop smiling when I see you two together...it really was MEANT to be!!

Happy Anniversary!!! :)

BenMason said...

Dave is a good man. I like him.

hilary w said...

What a great post! I loved the background story of the two of you. And the pictures are great! Thanks for sharing and happy anniversary!

Lobbie said...

Tiff this made me so happy! I miss y'all.
Loves and God bless!
Ro-chan

Heath and Gretchen said...

6 YEAES! Way to go! I hope you guys had an awesome time celebrating! :)

Jean said...

YAAAAAAAAAAY!!! HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!! I love the pictures! You two are just dolls!! :-D

Kandyce said...

Tiff! Hey girlie, how are ya? I love your blog. I found it after clicking a few links of peeps we both know. Happy 6 years of marriage, that's amazing! It's good to hear you're doing so well. I'm gonna add you to my blog list if that's cool with you. Here's mine if you're interested: kjgabrielsen.wordpress.com Miss your guts!

Love,

Kandyce

Blackburns said...

Congrats on your 6 years. I am sure you will have many more great years to come. Have fun!

Kristen said...

Congrats! I loved seeing all the wonderful pictures!

Mindy said...

Those pictures make me happy. It's so wonderfully obvious how in love the two of you are. Keep up the good work! :)