*We bought our first house last December and have been slowly turning it into a home. Once we got the walls painted and some things fixed here and there, it really has begun to feel quite cozy and right for us.

*Because Tiffany was on "1 vs. 100" last year and won a little bit of prize money, we actually purchased our first couch set that matches and that DIDN'T come from D.I. This was very exciting for us.
*Dave's little brother, Tyler, got married in June and we flew up to Seattle for the wedding. It was great fun to meet the future sis-in-law for the first time and to be in the temple with loved ones.

*Tiffany's big sister, Cindy, also got married this year, in August. However, to save money, we road-tripped that one. To Utah. And despite some reservations about taking a 2-year-old on a road trip, it was a trip well worth it and again, so awesome to be in the temple with family & friends.

*We welcomed a new niece into the family earlier this year by way of Tiffany's brother, Alan. Her name is Vienna and she is incredibly pleasant and absolutely adorable. Malia & Cecily now have 4 cousins on her Mommy's side.
*Dave is still an "experimental physicist" which means I still don't really know what he does and that he still isn't really allowed to tell me, for the most part.
*Tiffany found out she was pregnant in April and actually found out the "normal" way. After the initial excitement, there was a little bit of of frustration in the realization that we would be having yet another baby in December. We will be poor at the end of the year for the rest of our lives.
*Tiffany took on a few musical projects for our Stake here in CA and, while somewhat overwhelming herself, appreciated the creative outlet and the opportunity to put her talents to use since they have felt a bit stagnant as of late.
*Malia is potty-trained! And it happened so easily and quickly. She is also ridiculously excited about starting dance classes at the beginning of this next year. We realize now, with the new baby, that Malia is no longer a baby AT ALL. We look at her and see a little girl. A beautiful, talented, intelligent, spunky, stubborn, and amazing little girl. We took her to a talent agency where they wanted to start her on acting classes immediately but we didn't feel it was worth the cost. We know our little girl rules. We don't need to spend millions for someone to tell us this. We're still trying to figure out exactly how to get the kid into commercials... because she really is that cute and that full of personality. We'll keep you posted.
*Cecily is 2 weeks old and sleeps a lot (no complaints here)! She has been diagnosed with acid reflux, but is a pretty mellow child. We've already taken her to see a chiropractor and intend to continue to do so because we are not willing to live through 6 months of colic again (just covering our bases). She has a lot of hair, just like her sister did and she makes some really great faces when she dreams. We look forward to the insane amounts of love that will continue to fill our home with the new addition. We are overwhelmed.
I'm sure there are more things that occurred that are worth noting, but I am sleep-deprived and on pain meds, so I may have to add a "P.S." later. We hope you all have a Merry Christmas and loo so very forward to continuing to hear from any & all of you as our lives continue to change in amazing ways!"God Bless Us, Every One."
8 comments:
We are grateful for each of you. Seeing Cecily was a treat, it had been awhile since we saw Malia, she continues to be a delight to us, as well as to you. We commented on Cecily's "fussiness" certainly not a word we would use with your new angel, at all, at least based on what we saw. The Lord loves you, your blessing are great as is your appreciation of those blessings. You all "rock". God bless you all!
Much love, always and all ways.
Well, I definitely think you are off the hook for not sending out letters! It HAS been a busy, but blessed year for you guys. May there be many more wonderful memories in 2009!
It sounds like you have had an exciting and busy year. I can't wait to hold your new little one.
Merry Christmas!
You were on 1 vs. 100? How did I miss out on that?
What a year! Your family is precious.
I love all your pictures! What a cute family!
My Favorite!
That was an exciting year. I love that picture of the three girls. So cute!
Thanks for the Christmas letter! I think having a two week old is a great excuse for not sending out letters : ) I didn't know you were on 1 vs 100, that's pretty cool! I never watch the show so I missed your appearance. Do you know what episode you were on?
Post a Comment