This is my little sister, Tina & her husband Chad.

They were married the year after David and I, so that means (carry the one, subtract 3, move the decimal over a number, divide the square root...) that they've been married for just over 6 years.
Ever since Tina was a baby, she's wanted a baby. In fact, we knew from a very young age that she had no desire to be anything but a mother when she grew up. She even frequently requested an actual baby from Santa Claus for years. She has always loved children. When we were kids, no matter what we were playing (Barbies, Fisher Price, Dress-up, etc.), somehow she always involved being a Mommy in the mix.

She has always connected with babies. She adores them and they love her. Her biological clock has been ticking probably since her biological clock has even existed. We were convinced that once she was married, a baby would not be far behind.
Chad is a good man. We love him. He was not difficult to welcome into the family. He upholds his Priesthood, he's got a good heart, he's wicked talented... and most importantly, he sincerely laughs at every single one of my jokes (it's awesome). He also loves children. He has a very generous heart and the kind of humble, selfless demeanor that would make a perfect father to a very lucky child.
(With my girls, earlier this year)
Problem is, without going into too much private detail, they can't have kids. Ironic, eh? Millions of 16-year-old delinquents and drug-hazed imbeciles and unwed celebrity parents are popping 'em out like Pez dispensers, and yet, these 2 decent, committed, God-fearing people can't even have one. And it's been very hard for them. After years of trying to figure out how to go about having a biological child of their own, they started the adoption process. They were told it could take time, but it seems as if, in their case, it's taken longer than average. And they've had more than their share of heartache.
Too many close calls.
Too much of getting their hopes up.
Too much of getting let-down.
(I'd say the "close calls" are probably the hardest part for them).
Tomorrow, a woman, who has promised them her little boy, is being induced. This is incredible news! Especially after everything they've been through. But, typical of many cases and experiences, they are afraid to get their hopes up 100% because they've gotten so close too many times before, only to be devastatingly disappointed. It's amazing how quickly a person changes their mind... and it's happened to them a few times too many. (Once is one time too many, in my opinion).
I usually wouldn't go talking about this so publicly because I wouldn't want to jinx it by throwing it out in the universe. But, as her sister, as someone who's been watching this roller coaster ride from the outside (and occasionally strapping myself in for a loop-de-loop when getting a broken-hearted phone call from her) I feel like this one is finally IT.
So, tomorrow, as you are eating your Cheerios, or tying your shoe, or changing a diaper, or commuting to work, or popping a zit, or watching Jerry Springer, or whatever it is you do every morning, but especially if you are saying a prayer, could you include my sister and her husband?

22 comments:
You've touched my mother's heart with your sisterly love and tribute....Thank you, we are all praying!
Done and done. I have a good friend who is hoping for a similar miracle tomorrow - I hope that both of them get their wish!
Ah...Tiff, tears streaming down my face. That was really sweet of you.
Absolutely!!!!
What a beautiful tribute to your sister! She seems amazing!!
I'll pray that the mother will have the faith necessary to do this very difficult thing. I'll pray that her child will come into the arms of these two incredibly loving parents, to be loved for eternity!
Tiffany, You are such an amazing sister to Tina. I will be praying for her and Chad! I hope everything goes well tomorrow!
Love, Danielle
Consider it done and continued until we hear all is well. No two more deserving people exist.
I offered a prayer for her!
(Saw your comment on Chronicles of a BW mom and came to see more about you).
That was really sweet!!! Of course both Tina and Chad will be in our prayers!!! We love them! And we love you! Thanks!
I will pray for the best for them. Please let us know what happens.
I feel their pain and will think of them... even if I am a little slow.
I will definitely say a prayer for them! PLEASE keep us updated!
You have only to ask. Our love and prayers unite with yours!
That was really beautiful! We have had a prayer in our hearts for her for a long time! I hope that tomorrow really is the day. There couldn't be two more deserving people!
Beautiful Tiff. Tina is blessed she has a sister like you. We'll be praying for Tina, Chad, and the mother of this baby boy. Like Heather said, praying that this mother has the strength to pass her baby boy to Tina & Chad who will be such wonderful parents! Please keep us posted.
You made me cry too. Not the first time that's happened on your blog... but I keep coming back!
We have been blessed lately watching these kinds of miracles come through for several of our friends! We will definitely add our prayers to everyone elses for your sister and brother-in-law.
I will definitely keep them in my prayers. A big huge fingers crossed that they receive all the joy they deserve.
We will definitely pray for them! I cannot even begin to imagine what they have and are going through!
Definitely Tiffany - and maybe sometimes throwing it out into the universe may be just what it needs :) We love you guys!
We will pray for them, too!! I am so excited for them to become parents. What a lucky baby that will be!
This really pulls at my heart strings, I will say a prayer for your sister. Let us know. i hope everything works out for her.
Thanks for your comment on my SYTYCD post. I was looking forward to what you'd say. come to think of it, I don't think I saw Kayla's original audition, I really liked her solo last night, I actually thought it was the best of the girls. I'm glad we got to see more of Jeanine last night, and Phillip too, I'm liking them more because of those solos.
beautiful post! what a good sister you are!
My name is Stephanie and I am an acquaintance of Tina's. I am an adoptive mother of three beautiful children. I have been following her story for quite a while now. Having gone through this myself, my heart would break every time something went wrong or even just when she was feeling down from the whole process.
I am so happy for her!
Post a Comment